Friday 4 May 2007

Good Afternoon dear, dear readers,

As I type this I am overlooking my garden, birds are singing and sunlight is streaming in through the window. There is a sweet smell in the air and for once it's not the Mars factory. It makes me think of my childhood and those barmy summer days.........................Okay, okay I'll stop before I start sounding like "Cider with Rosie" or someone from "Swallows and Amazons".

Anyway, last night was rehearsal for After Midnight Before Dawn, which could not start until 9pm as room 2 at the hall had been taken over as a polling station for the local elections.

We had no Girl or Calm Woman for the evening so after a discussion about accents, to have or to have not. Director witch made the remaining cast go through the part of the play where they summon the devil. I have to say that even though it is only a play I do get a little concerned at this point in the proceedings that the devil may actually turn up!! So far, I'm glad to say he has not, but I will keep you updated just in case he makes a special appearance one night......is that brimstone I can smell?

After the summoning, Director Witch blocked pages 1 to 3. These meant a great deal of kneeling and caused Boy concern regarding the amount of time he would have to spend on the floor due to his knees. Man seemed to be the only member of the cast to get a chair, maybe he slipped Director Witch a fiver to ensure that he could sit in comfort? We may never know?

After running through the blocking 5 or 6 times everyone was released for the evening and we all departed to the bar to discuss, houses, life coaches and coat hooks that came from Las Vegas.

Things I have learnt from the rehearsals so far:

Director Witch and Director Demon have very different styles of directing and it will be interesting to see how these styles pan out over the coming weeks.

Director Witch wants straw. I understand why, but straw, it'll get everywhere.

Producer will be playing Old Woman and I will support her in every way I can to ensure that this duel role within the production is as easy as possible.........even if I have to cook (god help us all!!).

Got to go now,

Producer Him.

No comments: