Tuesday 17 April 2007

First Job Done

I have been mostly talking in feet and inches. Every task involved in show production is a learning curve or minefield which once understood and mastered becomes considerably easier for future events.

So: I've done one of my first jobs today which was to get a quote and to book the large round tables which we use for our supper night shows. 4 foot round tables seat 8 comfortably. 5 foot tables seat 10. So now you know!!!!!

Whilst I was at it, I've also booked the tables for another fund-raising event we are doing in June, which is a Rat Pack show.

I've also been swapping emails with Boy about the measurements of walls (rivetting! but wonderfully acurate) and pricing up black fabric. More on that some other time.

Lyric of the Blog: " Inch worm, Inch worm, measuring the Marigolds. You and your arithmetic, you'll probably go far. Inch worm, Inch worm, measuring the Marigolds, Seems to me, you'd stop and see how beautiful they are. ...."

No comments: