Thursday 19 April 2007

Revelations

I suffer from a nut allergy which I've had since I was three. Eating them without realising it would, at best involve a lengthy conversation with God down the great white telephone and at worst it could mean a short ride in a sleek black taxi, a long sleep in a wooden box and a 'not so' eternal fire. So I avoid them - at all costs.

I was having a discussion at work about chocolate yesterday and recalled a conversation with the cast crowd about the idea about playing a game of Russian Roulette with a bag of Revels. At this point I got a very puzzled look from one of the guys as apparently there are NO PEANUTS in Revels any more. Masterfoods (MARS!) stopped putting them in, approx. 3 YEARS AGO and there are raisins instead. So I've spent approx. 1095 days of my life avoiding something which I could have been eating.

Did any one of my so called friends think to tell me this. NO!

This prompted a trip to the shop within the complex at work to peruse the wrapper of a packet, just to be 100% sure and to buy some. I had to know if I'd been missing out for the past 35+ years.

CAST readers are now at this point wondering what the hell this has got to do with the summer show......

Revelations is Act 2, Scene 29. Or, to put it another way, Book No 66. It talks of the second coming of Christ and of Satan, the devil.

Peanuts are the devils food!

Lyric of the Blog: " In the midnight hour she cried - "more, more, more" With a Revel yell she cried- "more, more, more" In the midnight hour babe- "more, more, more" With a Revel yell- "more, more, more" More, more, more.

No comments: