Wednesday 25 April 2007

Rat Fans

It was my Dad's birthday today. He's 83!

It's been a weird day of not being able to stick to any one job for any length of time due to the fact that a) the volume of work to be done was mounting by the hour. b) the volume of show emails was completely mad following the Rat Pack rehearsal last night and c) I just couldn't concentrate on anything 100% work or shows, no matter how hard I tried. My mind was elsewhere.

Last night the Rat Packers were in the hall for a rehearsal for their 'Green Room' production called "Songs from the Rat Pack". A green room show basically is a show that someone puts on an invites the cast to perform in rather than openly auditioning for it. This is being done primarily as a fund raiser for the group as it's a medium of both song and theatre which we don't get to use too often in our other shows during the year and various members of the group love.

Eight singers - Mr Chairman, Director Demon (Devils), the Ginger One (Mort) and Sarah the Cook (Dick Whittington), Princess Keli & Footnote (Mort), Marta (Company) and Aladdin (Aladdin) along with Aladdin Jnr as Barman will be gracing the stage to sing Rat Pack numbers.

The band will be headed up by MD (Dick Whittington) and playing are MD, Mr Keys, Bass Guitarist and Drummer Boy.

Having handed over costumes to Aladdin for a fancy dress party and spoken to The Boss Man about wine orders for both Rat Pack and the summer show, I headed home.

Lyric of the Blog: " Fly me to the moon and let me play among the stars. Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars. In other words hold my hand. In other words darling kiss me.
Fill my life with song and let me sing forevermore. You are all I hope for all I worship and adore. In other words please be true. In other words I love you " Frank Sinatra

No comments: